http://www.torquenews.com/3618/increase-nissan-leaf-performance
Increase Your Nissan LEAF's Performance with This Little Trick
By Douglas Stansfield 2015-06-07

[image
http://www.torquenews.com/sites/default/files/image-1/nissan_leaf_performance_increase.jpg
Nissan LEAF Performance
]

How many of you grew up with a stick shift in your car? I know stick shifts
and manual transmissions started fading way back when auto transmissions
started taking over. Do you long for the day when you used to have the power
to downshift when you wanted to slow down and upshift when you needed that

Those days are long gone in an electric car as none to my knowledge even
come with this option. My first car I converted to EV was a stick shift car
and the car I took my driver’s test in was a stick shift. Thus, I’m prone to
actually like driving a stick shift car.

The shift mechanism in the Nissan LEAF gives you some opportunities if you
like this driving style. It also increases the performance if you have tried
this technique that I use sometimes while driving my Leaf. The performance
increases are acceleration and power regeneration.

In the 2013 version of the Leaf that I have Drive mode and Drive Eco mode
available on the shifter. Since I live in the hills of northwestern, NJ and
happen to live at the top of one of these hills, I always start my trip down
the hill with a full pack. This means, regen, doesn’t really do much for me
as it is turned off when the pack is full.

Thus, what I do to maximize the driving experience is to start out with the
car in Drive mode. This pushes the acceleration out at the maximum allowed.
You can spin the front tires in this mode. This also uses much more energy
which in turn lowers your batteries capacity. This also enables you to
experience the torque of the EV much more and is much more fun to drive in
this mode. Now here is the stick shift throwback you can use to still
capture regen even from the top of a hill. After you have driven in Drive
mode switch it back to DriveEco mode to see the increased regen you can
capture. Then as you slow down, switch it back into Drive mode and
accelerate.

I am amazed at how the car responds and how it improves my LEAF's
performacne.

Trying shifting back and forth from Drive to DriveEco and enjoy your car
like it was a race car. It is so much fun. If you have had the chance to
drive the Tesla Roadster, it almost becomes similar to the heavy regen you
get with that car. It almost becomes one pedal driving.
[© torquenews.com]
[dated]
http://www.torquenews.com/1075/add-40-miles-driving-range-nissan-leaf-enginers-add-battery-pack
Add 40 miles driving range to Nissan Leaf with Enginer's add-on battery pack
http://www.torquenews.com/1/how-can-nissan-leaf-get-2x-range-without-new-battery
How Can Nissan LEAF get 2X The Range Without a New Battery
http://www.torquenews.com/2250/battery-degradation-extreme-temperatures-might-not-be-bad-aaa-says
EV Battery degradation in extreme temperatures might not be as bad as AAA
says

For EVLN posts use:
http://evdl.org/evln/

http://www.greentechlead.com/electric-vehicle/regulations-point-to-ev-expansion-in-israel-uae-24041
Regulations point to EV expansion in Israel, UAE
http://www.greentechlead.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/Stand_Up_Scooter_Israel.jpg

http://www.tehachapinews.com/news/2015/06/04/tehachapi-l2-ev-charging-station-now-operational.html
Tehachapi-CA dual L2 EVSE now operational
http://www.tehachapinews.com/image/2015/06/03/740x600_q90_w/EV-1-jpg.jpg
+
EVLN: My 500th 2015 Ford Focus Electric mile and I’m still blown away

{brucedp.150m.com}