I can say the same about you. You may have had some cells drop but not all or
even most. All they papers I quote are from scientific journals or NASA
presentations.

I read the complete design of the Boeing APU battery and even read about the
company who designed their charger burning down the lab while testing it.

Here's a paper titled self-discharge but if you read it you will see it's about
capacity fade.
http://www.cswang.umd.edu/publications/papers/35.pdf

Sent from my iPad