It's irrelevant to study the amount of displacement. The important fact is that what ever energy is produced came from a person's expenditure! I think, other than for a novel experience, most people would abhor trudging around on energy sucking pavement.

Peri

------ Original Message ------
From: "tomw via EV" <ev@lists.evdl.org>
To: ev@lists.evdl.org
Sent: 25-Jun-15 12:24:17 PM
Subject: Re: [EVDL] EVLN: pavegen.com tiles charge EV from human foot traffic (v)

Yes, I agree with pavement the deformation is elastic so no net energy
transfer.  I don't think you need larger displacement though.  The
electromagnetic force is very strong so you can get significant energy from
small displacement. But of course how much will depend on the actual
mechanism the pavegen uses.

--
View this message in context: http://electric-vehicle-discussion-list.413529.n4.nabble.com/Re-EVLN-pavegen-com-tiles-charge-EV-from-human-foot-traffic-v-tp4676441p4676507.html Sent from the Electric Vehicle Discussion List mailing list archive at Nabble.com.