On 07/05/2015 01:38 PM, Willie2 wrote:

I'm rather eagerly anticipating putting several 36v bicycle batteries in one or more golf carts. LFP cells are quoted around $1.20 per ah and the equivalent cost for bicycle batteries is slightly less than $1.20 delivered. BUT that includes a, hopefully, far more reliable BMS. I have some 20ah 36v 30amp batteries on the way; I envision using about 3 in a golf cart. Also available are 30ah 36v 60amp batteries; two of those might serve in a golf cart. More later.

A question directed to Cor: Why do bicycle batteries have both charge and discharge connections?

I now have a golf cart working on two 20ah ebike batteries. Though I'm prepared to put as many as five batteries in, two seem to be supplying sufficient current. This cart does not yet have an amphour counter. I've been using TBS meters but they are too expensive for this application. Does anyone have suggestions for cheap ah counters?

This one:
http://www.rc-electronics-usa.com/meter-applications.html
is slightly intriguing, but it looks like it may run demand current through 14 ga wire. I could probably use one per battery.

I'm rather optimistic about using this type of ebike battery to replace more troublesome large LFP cells with kludged up BMSs.