Since it appears that the number of EVs powered by renewable energy
has gone from 50 to 80% in just a few years, why do you promote
to be "conservative" with the numbers? That is only doing EVs a
disservice, since both EVs and solar are becoming more and more ubiquitous
so much so that solar installing companies, even though they are growing
fast, they will not take any jobs that are a bit more challenging since
there is such a big and continuously growing market for them.
So, no need to be conservative. Coal power is history. It is not
because of more strict regulations (even though "the polluter pays" would
have been nice for so many people suffering from the results of decades of
burning coal) but simply the business case for coal is worse than for
investing in clean power, so why bother?
And for home owners it still pays off to go through the trouble of having
solar installed on their roof, especially if charging the EV will push them
into the expensive high tiers.
So, almost everyone buying an EV will consider "how do I fuel it" and ends
up with a cheaper solution when adding solar in the mix, so I see no reason
to change the message that the vast majority of EVs run on 100% renewable.

Personally I do not (yet) have solar on my home (long story) but I do use
100% renewable energy by paying a few bucks every month to Arcadia
(if you are interested - feel free to use my referral:
 https://myenergy.arcadiapower.com/referral/by/cornelis0519
So even though I have no installation on my own home, I do get 100% green
electricity for my EV.
This means that even apartment dwellers can fuel their EV with green power
if they choose to, obviously without the benefit of saving on their bill,
it is only helping in the "I do my part in reducing my carbon footprint".

Cor van de Water
Chief Scientist
Email: cwa...@proxim.com    Private: http://www.cvandewater.info
Skype: cor_van_de_water     XoIP: +31877841130
Tel: +1 408 383 7626        Tel: +91 (040)23117400 x203