My thoughts: start small.

Limit it to just the time span of the EVDL. Get the wiki working, decide on the format and sections of each page, what aspects of content to include. Once that time span is completed, start growing.

Peri

------ Original Message ------
From: "Willie2 via EV" <ev@lists.evdl.org>
To: "Electric Vehicle Discussion List" <ev@lists.evdl.org>
Sent: 04-Oct-15 5:55:05 PM
Subject: Re: [EVDL] EV pioneers

On 10/04/2015 07:37 PM, EVDL Administrator via EV wrote:
I'm willing to set up a wiki at evdl.org. Like the EVDL, it would be 100%
non-commmercial, meaning no ads and no commercial promotion.

Before I do that, could we please have a few people commit to writing and/or
editing?  Keep in mind that it requires some time.
I will contribute to the limit of my knowledge. That is, not all that much. I will offer to help organizing.

I see a main page with links to individuals. Perhaps, people alphabetical within period of their contributions. 1950s, 1960s, etc. Or some other era delimiter.

You can contact me offlist (see the bottom of this message for instructions)
if you like.

Another thought.  Should we limit it to EV personalities, or perhaps EV
history since (say) 1950 or 1960? Should we make it more general? Limiting
it would limit the amount of time people would have to invest in it.

I don't see that limiting the scope would encourage contributions. IMHO, just the opposite since people will be contributing only what they know or are interested in. I see it as counter productive to tell someone NOT to contribute what they know or what they are interested in.