On Wed, Oct 7, 2015 at 4:32 AM, Cor van de Water via EV
<ev@lists.evdl.org> wrote:
> Ah,so the Kia travel charger does not detect 120V input
> to set its 12A pilot signal pattern, it detects absence of
> voltage between ground and one phase as "this must be 120V".

That is not what I said. The Kia _on board charger_ will charge at
higher than 12A on 120V. Not the Kia travel EVSE. I tried to be very
explicit in using the correct terms so as to not create confusion.

I am only creating an adapter for a _different_ EVSE for use on 120V
30A circuits, hence the TT-30 outlet referenced. I already can program
the EVSE to 16A for use on a 5-20 outlet.

Hope this clarifies.