Most Ah meters get around the offset errors by asking for a voltage
level at which they can consider the pack fully charged and then
resetting themselves to zero, so every full charge cycle they zero the
error. This is of course not entirely accurate either, because typically
as soon as the threshold voltage is reached they zero out and the pack
is typically only 80-90% charged at that point, so there still is a risk
that you discharge deeper than you realize, but it avoids the cumulative
error effect - except when it is not fully charged for a long time,
either because it is sitting unused or because you only do partial
charges for a long time, then you again have no clue how far off it has
gotten. This is the consequence of the bandaid of zeroing to try and
hide the inaccuracy of low current measurement...

Cor van de Water
Chief Scientist
Proxim Wireless

office +1 408 383 7626                    Skype: cor_van_de_water
XoIP   +31 87 784 1130                    private: cvandewater.info

http://www.proxim.com

This email message (including any attachments) contains confidential and
proprietary information of Proxim Wireless Corporation.  If you received
this message in error, please delete it and notify the sender.  Any
unauthorized use, disclosure, distribution, or copying of any part of
this message is prohibited.