Originally my S-10 Blazer conversion had a resistive heater that barely
defrosted the windshield after 15 minutes of warm up. At the time I did not
mind as the weather back in the 1990's only saw 1 month of frost (now with
the planet heating up, not at all).

A few years later when I paid to have some other upgrades done, I had that
wimpy heater replaced with a more powerful RUSSCO heater that used the
original (hot water from the ice) heater-core (it drew 25A off my 120VDC
pack). I did that for a couple of reasons, but mainly to reduce the
complaints from the gal I was dating (I was warm, I had enough clothes on,
etc.). That heater worked like a champ and I had heat quicker than she could
complain.

I doubt you could still get a RUSSCO heater, but there are other heater
solutions.
I found a few links links for you to explore:
http://www.canev.com/heater.php

http://www.metricmind.com/category/ev-fluid-heaters/

I hope others will reply with what they use.

For EVLN EV-newswire posts use:
http://evdl.org/evln/

{brucedp.150m.com}