This fellows numbers don't seem right to me, but I don't carry stats around in
my headaccurate? or not?Phil Boettge The US uses 33% of its electrical capacity
for industrial purposes.  Of its industrial uses, 16% are for refining
petroleum products.  So 5.3% of the US electrical capacity is used for refining
petroleum.Replacing all of America's cars with all-electric vehicles would
increase American electrical demand by 21.7 to 43.4 percent, depending on
whether one accepts 6 or 3 miles per kilowatt.  So replacing internal
combustion engines with all-electric ones would use 4 to 8 times as much
electricity as refining petroleumChoose Love,
KO
 I don't shop where I can't charge.