From: EV [mailto:ev-boun...@lists.evdl.org] On Behalf Of EVDL
Administrator via EV
Sent: Friday, June 17, 2016 4:04 AM
To: Electric Vehicle Discussion List
Subject: Re: [EVDL] Driving a Leaf from San Francisco to Santa Cruz and
back.

Almost 20 years ago, Alex Krause of Brusa showed that with aggressive
regenerative braking and smart use of coasting, a very large elevation
change can be managed with almost no difference in energy use from what
the same distance in flat terrain would require.

Also important: the big climb shouldn't be close to the end of the
journey, so you have plenty of opportunity to reclaim the expended energy
with regen.

http://www.evdl.org/pages/evergreen.html

David Roden - Akron, Ohio, USA
EVDL Administrator