EVDL Administrator via EV wrote:
You west coast folks with EVs everywhere may not know what it's like here in
the midwest. Around here, owning ANY kind of EV is unusual and draws notice.
Here in NE Ohio, I may see a Leaf a few times a YEAR.  I have yet to see a
Tesla on the road or in a parking lot.

I second that. Here in the middle of Minnesota, in the past 20 years I've seen exactly TWO electric cars on the road (besides my own). One was a 1988 Soleq (a converted Ford Escort), and the other was a 2013 Leaf.

Now if I drive into the Twin Cities (Minneapolis / St. Paul), I'll see more. But that's to be expected, as I'm going to an EV club meeting. :-)

--
ICEs have the same problem as lightbulbs. Why innovate and make
better ones when the current ones burn out often enough to keep