On 18 Aug 2016 at 13:35, damon henry via EV wrote:

> Of course I know nothing about the TV station involved either, I just
> find the original assertion nonsensical and highly unlikely.

I have some previous professional involvement in broadcast media. Most news
directors will tell you that there's a "firewall" (no pun intended) between
the sales department and the news department.

However, in practice this barrier gets breached.  Management will sometimes
ask (or tell) news to soft-pedal negative stories about the station's or
network's advertisers.  The more they spend, and the longer they've spent,
the more likely this is to happen.

As for deliberately playing up negative stories about non-advertisers, I
can't say it never happens, but I personally haven't witnessed it.  In this
case, my guess is that the individual reporters or news directors involved
just have an anti-EV bias.  This should be no surprise.  Lots of folks do,
especially gear-heads who get their kicks from ICEVs.  For these people the
ICE stink and noise are features, not bugs.

David Roden - Akron, Ohio, USA
EVDL Administrator