This is kind of an OT topic, but I will say BS as well.  It is simply that
our brains stick to negative news and so we get a huge lot of it. They
(marketing staff/purveyors of advertising) want us to look, and at least
observe or better yet react to ads that accompany the "bad" news.  It is
not any more complicated than that.

On Thu, Aug 18, 2016 at 1:39 PM, damon henry via EV <ev@lists.evdl.org>
wrote:

> I'm going to have to call BS on this theory.  Can you even begin to count
> the number of consumer products from the number of different companies that
> do not advertise on TV.  I do not recall ever seeing a yacht manufacturer
> commercial on any of the TV stations I have watched.  If I did watch any of
> these so called "News" channels I'm pretty confident I would not see any
> negative news stories about yacht makers just because they are not
> advertising on these stations.  I could list category after category of
> products like this...
> An electric car fire is news because it is still somewhat of a new
> phenomena and the risks are not well understood.  People have been driving
> around with a huge tank full of gas in their cars for their entire lives
> and seen way more ICE car fires than they likely ever will see EV car
> fires.  An ICE car fire is no longer sensational or headline worthy.
> Damon
> > To: ev@lists.evdl.org
> > Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2016 12:09:59 -0500
> > Subject: [EVDL] Fwd: Re: France fire model S
> > From: ev@lists.evdl.org
> >
> > On the topic of EV media bias in general and the astonishing amount of
> > coverage being given to the French Tesla fire, this was posted to a
> > local Tesla list and I deemed it worth repeating here:
> >
> > ---
> >
> > No TV station is going to like a car company that is doing a great job
> > at increasing its sales, profit and revenue *without placing any
> > commercials on television whatsoever*, and that's exactly what Tesla is
> > doing.
> >
> > Therefore, there is a whole lot of negative bias - founded on suspicion,
> > basically - regarding Tesla on *commercial television channels*.
> >
> > Fox and CNBC are two examples of where I see negative Tesla bias on a
> > daily basis.
> > ---
> group/NEDRA)

> group/NEDRA)