A big part of the increased availability of used EVs is that most electrics
(according to an October 2015 CNBC article, around 80% in 2013 and 2014,
currently around 75%) are leased as opposed to sold outright. This compares
with about 28% of ICE vehicles being leased.  As these three-year leases end,
they are either auctioned off or sold by the dealership they were returned to.
I haven't seen any data yet on the 'loyalty' rate of lease returnees either
getting another EV or getting oil regressing back to fossil fuel.

Tom Keenan