jerry freedomev via EV wrote:
> Sounds like a job for bb600 nicads...

John Lussmyer wrote:
> So, I assume you have some to sell?

jerry freedomev via EV wrote:
I do have some , 96vdc worth but wasn't thinking of selling them...
Since they last forever, make big amps and don't die from sitting,
for a mower project they would be good.
Plus shipping to Cal from Florida is rather high.
There were a lot of them sold and not that many used so likely quite
a few in the Cal area for him. But if someone wanted them for a good
project maybe a trade or if a real good project like a high school
EV program, etc even free plus shipping or pick up Tampa.
I could use a used 96vdc nom or higher controller to use my Volt
modules to best adavantage if anyone has one at a good price.

I have some too; about 24v worth. They still pop up occasionally on the surplus market, as aircraft are still using them. They usually go for low prices, because people are worried about disposal fees for something with cadmium in it.

One drawback of these cells is the high maintenance. They are flooded batteries, and need watering (more than flooded lead-acid batteries). I think a big pack of them in a daily-driver EV would drive you nuts with the watering. But this won't matter for a fork lift that you only use (and recharge) once a month.
--
Obsolete (Ob-so-LETE). Adjective. 1. Something that is simple,
reliable, straightforward, readily available, easy to use, and