ev@lists.evdl.org said:
I know it would be more inconvenient but why doesn't every EV have
their own J1772 extension cord and the EVSE just have a socket like
on the vehicle?  This way no cord is left at the charge station and
every car can lock the cord to the car.

It could also be done by having a reel on the charging station, so the cord gets reeled in and locked inside when not in use.

John Lussmyer via EV wrote:
So, put a 20lb cord plus take up reel in every EV?  Using lots of
space, and adding weight to every EV?

It won't weigh 20 lbs, unless it's very long or for very high currents.
Maybe only build in the L1 charging cord?

I have always carried an extension cord in my EVs anyway, in case I need
to opportunity charge somewhere. Having it built into the car on a reel
would actually be a convenience.
--
Obsolete (Ob-so-LETE). Adjective. 1. Something that is simple,
reliable, straightforward, readily available, easy to use, and