Bush Jr. did it one swipe of the pen during his first 100 days. I remember
it clearly, within days of his CAFE action, the sales of conversion kits at
our shop dropped immediately, and never recovered. The auto makers stopped
selling NEV's, and the hybrids scaled their production way back.
You can expect that Europe , South America, and Asia will continue to
improve their air quality, but it seems that the good ol boys want to
produce money, instead of clean air.
As a result, we will surely be left behind in the growth of most
technologies.
Just my opinion BTW..........

--
Remember, it is not that the glass is half empty, in reality, the glass is
merely twice the size that it needs to be! -TNT'82