> Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2016 16:22:48 -0800
> To: j...@k6ccc.org; ev@lists.evdl.org
> Subject: Re: [EVDL] Trump and EV's
> From: ev@lists.evdl.org
>
> On Wed, Nov 9, 2016 at 3:43 PM, Jim Walls via EV <ev@lists.evdl.org> wrote:
>
>> Not trying to agree or disagree, but remember that one of the biggest
>> issues with the US economy is the regular moving of jobs off-shore. A
>> second is a substantial un-balance of trade. Mr. Trump has somewhat
>> regularly pushed that we need to get Americans working again. If he is
>> able to enact his item five, it will put a bunch of Americans to work in
>> largely well paying jobs, and reduce oil imports which will have at least a
>> little improvement in the balance of trade.
>

> That's a good argument, except that it completely ignores the large number
> of people employed in the U.S. in "clean energy" industries, for which
> Trump would remove incentives. Solar jobs alone amount to 205,000 jobs.

Im sure he/his party dont ignore this rapidly growing industry(..money) and
the new companies IN the right country that they want all jobs and money
to stay in, and Tesla really is a fantastic leader, Even Trumb will understand
this

> Moving all those people into the coal/oil/gas industry is stupid, on many
> levels. How many rooftop solar installers would rather mine coal??

Hehe,  :-)

Speaking of carbon, here is UN talk Regarding Climate change
and the "before the Flood"-film From National Geographic
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-FM845giaI
6m, Published on Apr 22, 2016 United Nations - Statement by
Mr. Leonardo DiCaprio, United Nations Messenger of
Peace at the opening of the High-level Signature Ceremony
for the Paris Agreement.

And a fresh talk from Obama/Leonardo:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxHKsaG6Guc

"Published on Oct 3, 2016
-On Monday, DiCaprio and Obama were joined by climate scientist
Katharine Hayhoe from Texas Tech University. DiCaprio, who
took on the role of interviewer for the evening, began by
thanking Obama for his “extraordinary leadership” on environmental
issues. “If you do not believe in climate change, you do not believe
in facts,” the actor said, noting that anyone who doesn’t agree with
the settled science “should not hold public office.” That comment, a
clear dig at candidates like at Donald Trump who has called climate
change a hoax perpetrated by China, was met with loud cheers from
the crowd in attendance.

In turn, Obama told DiCaprio that he is “very proud” of his
administration’s record on climate action, citing last year’s Paris
agreement as an example of the progress being made. But he
also admitted that even if every country held up their end of
the bargain, it wouldn’t be enough. "Climate change is happening
at a faster rate than what was predicted even 5 years ago,” the
president said, adding that we’re in a “race against time.” While
the idea of a carbon tax also got a big ovation from attendees, the
president admitted the likelihood of any “immediate” action in
that area is still a “ways away.”"

And, take a look at the film they made,
/ John