So is the Volt BMS not running the high voltage in the BMS wiring?
With Leaf, you are free to add wire-to-wire connectors for sub-packs
that you create, to help keep everything manageable and then it is not
essentially different from Volt (plug on module or plug on sub-pack).
I redistributed the stacks from one Leaf in my truck's battery box as
3 stacks of 4 high (under the cab) and 4 stacks of 9 high (under the
bed)
and I did not have to cut or splice any BMS wires, only shift some wires
out of the channels that they were in and re-bundle them, that is all. I
am even re-using all of the bus bars and I only need to add two jump
cables to make everything work pretty much as in the Leaf.
The only thing I had to buy new to make the new stacks were some lengths
of
M4 all-thread and M4 nuts.

I also know of several guys who simply used the complete Leaf stacks and
so they use all the original wiring and everything - just drop them into
the battery box, plug it in and off you go.

Your mileage may vary, of course.

Cor van de Water
Chief Scientist
Proxim Wireless

office +1 408 383 7626                    Skype: cor_van_de_water
XoIP   +31 87 784 1130                    private: cvandewater.info

http://www.proxim.com

This email message (including any attachments) contains confidential and
proprietary information of Proxim Wireless Corporation.  If you received
this message in error, please delete it and notify the sender.  Any
unauthorized use, disclosure, distribution, or copying of any part of
this message is prohibited.