In the past we have used the Mini BMS on low voltage projects like
Electric Lawn Mowers and Golf Carts.  Now that Clean Power is no
longer, I have been beta testing other BMS'.  There are many different
boards on Ebay that can handle up to 22 cells and do a small amount of
balancing. 60ma seems to be typical.  They have a bank of Mos-fets
that will turn OFF the power to the motor or turn OFF power from the
charger. These looked to be designed for bicycles since they handle
less than 100amps. ( which makes them unsuitable Golf Carts)  I have
been contemplating a way to use this to turn OFF a relay, which would
then turn OFF the main contactor and the charger.  The problem is, on
the Charger side, the circuit is looking to see current flowing in to
the battery, so to power a relay, I am going to need a supply that is
more than the charged voltage of the battery pack plus the voltage
rating of the relay.  There may be some way to tap in to the gate of
these mos-fets.  The way these are commonly set up, when the voltage
is too low, one bank of Mosfets turns OFF stopping the power drain,
but the other side stays ON, allowing charging. I am wondering if
anyone has tinkered with one of these?

I have not seen this reported, but, it seems that Evenetics,  (Soliton
Controller) is having issues.  They seem to be only making the
controllers when they have an order for 10 or more.  I do believe they
are still doing repairs, but I am not positive of that.

Even with the price of gas staying down, we still are seeing sustained
interest in EV Conversions.  We seem to be moving more towards older
"Memory Cars", like my wife's 1956 Ford F500 and her 1967 Austin. I am
presently converting a 1966  MG Midget for a customer.  ( Web page
under construction, but you will be able to see some pic's under the
tab SUMMER ROAD TRIPS, Summer of 2017).

Our most popular program, and probably what has kept us going is our
"Assisted Program".  Where the customer and I do the conversion
together, giving the customer "hands on Experience".
--
Steve Clunn
Merging the best of the past with