In addition to a proportion of people always taking a negative,
critical (regardless of justification) view, there is meme in retail
that an unhappy customer will tell 7 people, and a happy one only one.
It all adds up to natural barriers (nothing special about EVs here) to
new stuff catching on.  This is one area where Musk does seem to have
a certain genius as a marketeer. No one imagined that Tesla would be
supply constrained for all production, for years. GM could probably
have done a better job marketing, and the dealers?...well they are car
dealers, 'nuff said.

On Sun, Mar 12, 2017 at 10:16 AM, brucedp5 via EV <ev@lists.evdl.org> wrote:
> As I previously stated, (and especially the last sentences of the news item),
> it leaves the reader to think anything to do with EVs is lacking.
>
> Both Cor and David rightly said something like: EV driver should embrace the
> EV way of driving (clam, less insanity to race to the next red light,
> sticking with a steady speed at the speed limit, etc.).
>
> As many know, I read many many news items multiple times at day to find the
> ones that I post. Of those mentioning the Bolt EV, are quite positive. As I
> stated before, what they complain about is expecting a $38k vehicle have a
> less spartan/plasticky feel to it (it is a $15k ice turned EV, it is going
> to be like a cheap $15k ice). See,
> http://electric-vehicle-discussion-list.413529.n4.nabble.com/Bolt-EV-experience-tp4685003.html
>
> But the next wave of EV drivers that buy the Bolt have already drank GM
> dealership's sales-rep koolaid who are going to mis-state that the Bolt is
> like an ice. Then, with new Bolt drivers having been told that, we are going
> to see more of these types of news items where people haven't embraced the
> EV way of enjoying life.
> IMO, even if an EV had a 1000 mile range, there needs to be a change in the
> former ice-driver's driving style (less wasteful, clamer, ... more
> enjoyable).
>
> In an item I will post later from automobilemag.com mentions the Bolt is
> like a ice ...
>
> 2017 AUTOMOBILE All-Stars: The Winners ...
> Our consensus was represented in phrases such as, “drives like a real car,”
> or, “I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend a Bolt as a daily driver to many
> people I know.” A clear statement of why was summed up with, “The Bolt can
> be used like a normal gasoline-powered vehicle.” ...
>

> So, between GM dealership reps seeking a quick sale (saying falsehoods for
> fun& profit), media outlet items like
> http://electric-vehicle-discussion-list.413529.n4.nabble.com/EVLN-800mi-Bolt-trip-w-EV-ignorant-Mom-amp-teen-angst-gt-20kW-ccs-EVSE-frustrated-td4686115.html
>  saying similar generalizations, and comments from other Bolt EV owners in
> public (word of mouth) using the wrong wording when bragging about their new
> EV ...
>  the plugin community is going have lots of EV drivers that still have
> ice-driving habits ...
>  ::sad::
>

> For EVLN EV-newswire posts use:
> http://evdl.org/evln/