It would probably be quite difficult to convince the Leaf to use the onboard charger while also moving. You would also need well more than 6 kW of power to move down the freeway.

You may find it easier and more efficient to build a "pusher trailer" out of the front end of a FWD car, such that the gas engine will "push" your leaf down the freeway, with a remote gas/brake control in the Leaf.

(Or you could use a larger motorcycle back end as your "pusher".)

The leaf could even use regen to recharge on the freeway if the pusher motor had enough HP.

Jay