An ICE vehicle uses more fuel when towing assuming all the other safety
concerns are covered. Can be 50% more depending on circumstances.
This is a result of the motor having to work harder to tow the load. It can
also result in ICE overheating due to the sustained load.

I would think this is the issue for the EV's. Additional load will be
equivalent to running at hi amps all the time and the batteries and
infrastructure cannot sustain it without an increased risk.

Good luck.

--
Regards
*Glenn Van Vlemen*