(?more koch-koolaid?)
https://www.autoconnectedcar.com/2019/07/should-i-sit-in-a-ev-while-my-tesla-leaf-bmw-i3-kia-soul-bolt-volt-or-any-ev-is-charging-or-fast-charging/
Should I Sit in a EV While My Tesla, LEAF, BMW i3, Kia Soul, Bolt, Volt or
Any EV is Charging or Fast Charging?
July 7, 2019  Lynn Walford

I have been an EV driver for almost four years. At first I, would leave my
dog in the car to run into the store while my car was charging at 240 Volts
until I read the manual.  What I learned made me to decide to never ever
stay or be in an electric vehicle while it is charging. Should I sit in
vehicle while it is trickle, 240 or fast charging? I say no way—and “It’s
better safe than sorry.”

The Nissan LEAF manual states

    If you use any medical electric devices, such as an implantable cardiac
pacemaker or an implantable cardiovascular defibrillator, check with the
electric medical device manufacturer concerning the effects that charging
may have  on implanted devices before starting the charge operation because
Charging may affect the operation.

    If you have an implantable cardiac pacemaker or an implantable
cardiovascular defibrillator, while the Li-ion battery is charging:

        Do not stay inside the vehicle.

        Do not go inside the vehicle, for example to remove or place an item
in the passenger compartment.

        Do not open the rear hatch, for example. to remove or place an item
in the cargo area.

        Charging may affect the operation of electric medical device and
result in serious personal injury or death

Let’s think about it for a moment—the electromagnetic energy from a car
charging can affect a pacemaker or medical device. Human beings are
electromagnetic beings—-Would you stand under a power line or live under a
power line by choice?

Recent cell phone usage studies found that cell phone use over 10 years
causes an increased risk of acquiring certain types of brain tumor and
salivary cancer—-that’s from exposing your head an face  about 1 kilowatt
hour per year.  A low-end electric car will have a 24 KW battery pack that
is 24 times more than a year of cell phone use… There is no mention of
medical devices in a Tesla 3 manual.  It could be the 1920’s when everyone
smoked cigarettes it wasn’t until decades later that manufacturers put
warnings on the cigarettes.

We electric car owners don’t want to be the test subjects for new cancer
studies—I see people all the time sitting in a BMW i3, Chevy Volt, Chevy
Bolt, Telsa and even a Smart EV.  I do not ever sit in my car while it is
charging—there is no need for me to be there.  I go walk some where.

According to the Chevy Bolt manual:

    Do not attempt to disconnect the DC vehicle plug while charging is
active. This action may damage vehicle or charging station hardware.

    Never leave children unattended near the vehicle while the vehicle is
charging and never allow children to play with the charge cord.

    This vehicle has systems that operate on a radio frequency that complies
with Part 15/Part 18 of the
    Federal Communications Commission (FCC) rules and with Industry Canada
Standards RSS-GEN/210/216/220/251/310, ICES?001.Operation is subject to the
following
    two conditions:

    1. The device may not cause harmful interference.
    2. The device must accept any interference received, including
interference that may cause undesired operation of the device.

These are also serious consideration–children shouldn’t play with cords—-nor
adults. If there is a power surge caused by lightening I would not want to
be a charging vehicle.

What if water gets in the charger?

Although the charging port is waterproof—something metal or conductive could
affect the charging port. Do you want to be in a vehicle when it catches
fire: Not me—-

What if the batteries leak?

Leaks or damage to the Li-ion battery may result in a fire. If you discover
a leak, contact emergency services immediately. Since the fluid leak may be
lithium manganate from the Li-ion battery, never touch the fluid leak inside
or outside the vehicle. If the fluid contactsyour skin or eyes, wash it off
immediately with a large amount of water and receive immediate medical
attention to help avoid serious injury.

Should a repair shop bake or use heat on paint when when repairing an
electric vehicle?

In the event of an accident that requires body repair and painting, the
vehicle should be delivered to your dealer the Li-ion battery pack and high
voltage parts such as the inverter, including the wiring harness, removed
prior to painting. Li-ion battery packs exposedto heat in the paint booth
will experience capacity loss. Damaged Lion battery packs may also pose
safety risks to untrained mechanics and repair personnel.

What do I do if I am in car accident in an EV—is it safe?

If you are in car accident in an EV, you should use the same precautions you
would in any car accident. Pull over to the side of road, if it is safe. If
you are not on a freeway, get out of the car. If you feel heat or smell
something burning, stay away from the car, warns Dr. Greg Less, battery
expert at the University of Michigan.
[© autoconnectedcar.com]
https://annals.org/aim/fullarticle/2679358/do-electric-cars-interfere-pacemakers-defibrillators
 ... Magnetic field strength was highest next to the charging cable during
charging. It did not differ between the front and back seats of the car.
Even at the highest magnetic field strength, there was no evidence of
interference with the patients' CIEDs ...
https://www.techtimes.com/articles/226039/20180423/can-electric-cars-cause-defibrillators-and-pacemakers-to-malfunction.htm
https://www.google.com/search?q=electric+vehicle+pacemaker+defibrillators

+
https://insideevs.com/reviews/358502/fully-charged-aston-martin-rapide-e/
Fully Charged Takes Hot Lap In Aston Martin Rapide E
Jul 07, 2019  Fully Charged covers the Aston Martin Rapide E's dynamic
European debut at the Formula E E-Prix in Monaco.
https://cdn.motor1.com/images/mgl/PKM4K/s1/aston-martin-rapide-e.jpg

For EVLN EV-newswire posts use:
 http://evdl.org/archive/

{brucedp.neocities.org}