I don't know whether it's a deliberate EV slash piece, but for sure it's
poorly written and REALLY poorly researched.

> Human beings are electromagnetic beings

That's news to me.  I don't know about you, but last time I checked, I was
still made of organic material.  Some of it may be composting, but that's
another matter. :-)

> cell phone use over 10 years causes an increased risk of acquiring
> certain types of brain tumor and salivary cancer--that´s from exposing
> your head an face  about 1 kilowatt hour per year.  A low-end electric
> car will have a 24 KW battery pack that is 24 times more than a year
> of cell phone use

That's not even apples to oranges, it's more like comparing sunshine to
dirt.

> If there is a power surge caused by lightening I would  not want to be
> a charging vehicle.

I'm pretty sure that the author is, like me, fully organic, so there's not
much danger of her becoming a charging vehicle.  :-)

It would be nice if she learned how to spell "lightning."

>What if water gets in the charger?

The GFI shuts it down.  Read a little before you write, OK?

> Although the charging port is waterproof-something metal or conductive
> could affect the charging port.

Uh, not really, since it isn't energized until the EVSE connection is
complete and confirmed.

> Do you want to be in a vehicle when it catches fire: Not me--

What a question.  And if Walford is so worried about vehicle fires, she
might want to stay away from ICEVs, where she'd be sitting a few feet from
10 to 25 gallons of highly flammable gasoline.

> What if the batteries leak?

What if the gas tank leaks?

> Should a repair shop bake or use heat on paint when when repairing an
> electric vehicle?

Should she paint her own car?

> What do I do if I am in car accident in an EV-is it safe?

Is any auto accident safe?

I can hardly believe that someone who claims 20 years of writing about cars
(see the "about" section of the website) would publish such claptrap.
Walford reads a few lawyer boilerplate disclaimers in EV manuals, actually
takes them seriously, blows them all out of proportion, and then with no
further research scrawls out this hysterical, panicked, un-proofread screed.

What utter garbage.  Walford should be ashamed to lay this hot mess before
the public, and her editors of those 20 years should be ashamed for not
showing her how to be a responsible journalist -- or even how to proofread
her own writing.

David Roden - Akron, Ohio, USA
EVDL Administrator