That was exactly my point, and I thought I said so. It may be that the battery isn't worth the cost. Maybe it's better to just install panels and lose the excess energy produced if your electric company makes it too hard or too expensive to give back to the grid.

Why would anyone want to do this when grid power is so cheap ? Some places are charging $0.30 / kWh or more. That isn't so cheap. Further, your power may be sourced from coal or nuclear and maybe you would prefer to find a cleaner source.

Peri

------ Original Message ------
From: "Lee Hart via EV" <ev@lists.evdl.org>
To: "Electric Vehicle Discussion List" <ev@lists.evdl.org>
Cc: "Lee Hart" <leeah...@earthlink.net>
Sent: 14-Jul-19 6:20:40 PM
Subject: Re: [EVDL] Solar off grid with an EV? (transformers)

Robert Bruninga via EV wrote:
But why are you so determined to use batteries when the cost of grid power
is dirt cheap.

It all depends on where you live. Some states have net metering; some don't.
Some even set up roadblocks, or utilities you a big penalty if you dare to
generate your own power.

-- In software development, there are two kinds of error: Conceptual
errors, implementation errors, and off-by-one errors. (anonymous)