Anyone who says "there's no stopping it" or "there's no going back" hasn't
been paying attention to politics and business.  :-(

Of course Tesla makes good cars; they got to start with a blank slate, not a
century of hidebound tradition.  Is there any other production EV that's
100% new?   Maybe I've missed one, but AFAIK every other production EV uses
at least some bits of previous ICEVs.  Most are really just EPTO (Electric
PowerTrain Option) ICEVs -- that is, factory conversions.  The Nissan Leaf
is mostly a Versa; its cousin the Renault Zoe is mostly a Clio.

It also didn't hurt that Tesla had a billionaire EV enthusiast behind them.

Of course the oil and auto companies don't want Tesla to succeed.  Of course
they're going to do everything legal, and some things that aren't, to
destroy Tesla.  (See Tucker for another example of their efforts.)   That's
not a conspiracy, it's just business as usual.  It's what they do.

A few comments about the production.  Has nobody ever told these guys about
B-roll?  The constant jump cuts are really annoying and distracting.  That's
hack work.  Authenticity does not require incompetence, and incompetence
does not imply authenticity.

If they'd work from a script or at least  notes, instead of winging it, they
might not need so many of those shoddy edits.

Better yet, they should just WRITE something and post it.  This video clip
has no reason to exist.  It's a waste of bandwidth.  It doesn't present
anything visually that really helps get their message across.  I could have
gotten the same information in 1/3 the time by  reading a blog post instead
of sitting through their unprepared, unrehearsed prattle.

At least they don't ramble as badly as Rickard does.  He's completely
unwatchable.

OK, I'll yield the soapbox to someone else now.

David Roden - Akron, Ohio, USA
EVDL Administrator