https://metro.co.uk/2019/08/20/police-stop-homemade-car-made-balsa-wood-duct-tape-10599191/
Police stop homemade car made out of balsa wood and duct tape
20 Aug 2019  Basit Mahmood

[images  / Anglia Press Agency
https://i2.wp.com/metro.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/PRI_808426911-e1566288148535.jpg
The three wheeler was made out of duct tape and balsa wood

https://i1.wp.com/metro.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/PRI_808426901.jpg
Bedfordshire Police say the vehicle didn’t cause an obstruction to other
road users
]

[image]  The officer who pulled the strange vehicle over admitted he still
didn’t know what it was

Traffic cops were left stunned after they had to pullover a vehicle that
resembled a small boat on Britain’s busiest motorway.

Made out of balsa wood and duct tape, officers described the electric
vehicle as the most ‘unusual’ they’ve had to stop in 26 years.

The three wheeler was spotted on the M25 in Bedfordshire on Sunday.

The officer who pulled the vehicle over tweeted: ‘All checked and in order,
although still not convinced I know what it is.’

Social media users were quick to offer their own explanations about what
they thought the vehicle was, from a modified motorcycle to a German made
vehicle.

Another added that it looked like a ‘Co-Op home shopping delivery vehicle’,
while others questioned how it could be considered safe.

Bedfordshire police were able to confirm that the vehicle was approved and
registered by the DVLA, and is in fact a motorbike with a plastic shell
built around it.

Sergeant Stephen Andrews, from the Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire and
Hertfordshire Roads Policing Unit, told Metro.co.uk: ‘This is certainly not
a vehicle that is seen very often on our roads, but after road side
inspection we couldn’t find anything that would prevent the rider to
continue his journey.

‘The vehicle was keeping up with other traffic and didn’t cause any
obstruction to other road users.

‘The owner made sure that he fulfilled all the safety regulation as well as
keeping the insurance, MOT and tax in date.’
[© metro.co.uk]

https://www.foxnews.com/auto/police-bizarre-electric-vehicle-duck-tape
Police pull over bizarre electric vehicle made from 'duck tape'
Police in southern England were baffled on Monday by the most bizarre
electric vehicle they’d ever seen.

The tiny white two-wheeler looked like an airplane cockpit without wings or
a tail and had a body constructed from balsa wood and “duck tape.” But the
most surprising thing about it may have been that it was found to be
perfectly legal.

An officer from the Beds, Cambs & Herts Roads Policing Unit tweeted photos
of the vehicle, which turned out to be a custom electric motorcycle that was
registered and insured.

“The most unusual vehicle I’ve stopped on a motorway in 26 years. All
checked and in order, although I’m still not convinced I know what it is,”
another officer wrote.

One commenter said she spotted it on the highway a couple of weeks prior and
posted a photo showing the driver in action.

As if the car weren’t enough of a conversation starter on its own, some
commenters took issue with the officer describing the material used as “duck
tape,” which reignited a long-running debate over whether “duck” or “duct”
is the proper name.
[© foxnews.com]

For EVLN EV-newswire posts use:
 http://evdl.org/archive/