On 21 Aug 2019 at 15:31, Russ Sciville via EV wrote:

> Such an incredibly clever guy to design those pancake style motors in his
> parents backyard.

Absolutely!

To my admittedly limited knowledge, the Lynch motor has gone through
multiple iterations and is more or less commercially available.

If memory serves, Lynch and some friends formed Lemco to manufacture the
motors in (I think) the 1990s.  I got the impression that they were nearly
hand-built in the early years.

About 20 years ago Briggs and Stratton (of all companies!) licensed the
Lynch design, and had motors bearing the Etek name made for them in China.
These motors were much discussed here on the EVDL and for a time were
popular in homebrew scooters and Electrathon racers.

I think the Etek motor has been out of production for many years.   However,
knockoffs and/or imitators seem to be currently available at around the same
price.

Lemco itself is still around (lynchmotors.co.uk), and I see photos of what
look like pancake motors on their website, but Lynch appear to be mostly
into custom designed motors.  Someone please correct me if that impression
is wrong.  My understanding is that Cedric Lynch is no longer involved in
any way with Lynch motors.

In the early 2000s Cedric Lynch was connected to (or perhaps co-founded?)
Agni Motors.  I don't know the details of the early days but they're
currently locatd in India.  I looked at the agnimotors.in website and saw
only very conventional looking motors, nothing that even vaguely resembled
the Lynch pancake motor, so I don't know what's going on there.  Maybe
someone else does.

Despite the existence of that website, Agni reportedly merged with another
company to become Saietta Group.  I couldn't see anything on Saietta's
website because I won't enable javascript for just anybody, but I found a
photo of a Saietta 155R motor on another website, and it looks a lot more
like something Mr Lynch would have designed.

Saietta also manufacture e-motorcycles.  I found a photo of one at
https://www.leftfieldbikes.com/shop/recreation/saietta/ but it's very
different from Lynch's streamliner.  From its appearance, I'd guess that
it's much less efficient.

According to a note at the link Paul posted, Lynch has tried to get Saietta
to commercialize his hyper-efficient EV, but they've shown zero interest.

David Roden - Akron, Ohio, USA
EVDL Administrator