On 11 Sep 2019 at 20:08, paul dove via EV wrote:

> I read an article a while back that Toyota and Tesla were going to team up and
> resurrect the RAV4 EV with Tesla batteries. Maybe you could find some info on
> that.

Is this a new effort, or are you thinking of the brief partnership between
Toyota and Tesla a few years ago?  They sold a second generation RAV4-EV
from 2012 to 2014.  It was complete Tesla batteries and drivetrains
installed in RAV4s.

This is discussed a little in the RAV4-EV Wikipedia article.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_RAV4_EV

Also, going back to the original subject, there were two production Ranger
EVs.  The first one was done by a "Ford qualified upfitter" on gliders
supplied by Ford.  I think that was the one that used the Siemens drive, but
I'm not sure any more; it's been a while and I didn't pay that much
attention.  :-(

The second one, years later, was an in-house Ford project.

At least one of these used oddball 8 volt lead batteries.  IIRC, they were
custom designed by East Penn.  Olaf Bleck bought a bunch of them surplus,
and won the 2001 and 2002 Tours de Sol by using them in a range extending
trailer

David Roden - Akron, Ohio, USA
EVDL Administrator