Thanks to everyone who has responded so far. This is definitely a challenge !

Summary first, question at bottom.

I've refined my modeling and determined that about 85Wh is sufficient and 6.6kW max constant discharge.

If I did my calcs correctly, that means
240VDC total. With
3.7V per cell, requires
65 total cells

They would have
28A max current and need at least
350mAh capacity.

Choosing a higher capacity cell, say
1500mAh brings down the minimum C-rating to
18C, and means using only about
25% of the cells capacity, keeping it nicely in the middle charge state area

As an example, I've looked at the LG HB6 (which is a discontinued cell, but cheaper :)
3.6V
1500mAh
30A max continuous current.

QUESTIONS:
If I use these cells as I describe above (keeping in the middle 25% charge state), will they probably last a long time, meaning 1000s of cycles ? Even at near max continuous current ? (Bear in mind the discharge time will be short and there will be ample cooling off between uses.)

Peri