From: "jkenny23 via EV" <ev@lists.evdl.org>
To: ev@lists.evdl.org
Cc: "jkenny23" <jkenn...@gmail.com>
Sent: 18-Apr-20 6:06:08 PM
Subject: Re: [EVDL] custom battery

You got me stumped. What application do you need only 85WH at 6.6kW for?
That's a discharge period of 46 seconds if I have my math right...

Do you truly need 240VDC for this application also? What about using the
first stage of a 6.6kW 240VAC inverter, which would produce a high voltage,
high power DC rail from a much safer/more manageable battery voltage (e.g.
24 or 48V), though there will be a size and efficiency impact by adding
this. I think it would easily offset the complexity in BMS and charger to
manage a 240VDC battery pack though.

The question of cycle life is interesting.. I could try some experiments
around this now with my high power cycle tester.