Hi Lee

I'm sorry to hear that.  Dealers don't sell any oil changes and tune
ups to EV owners.  But I'm not sure of why the helpful Chevy dealer in
Hickory, NC is different than one in Raleigh, NC

When I went to buy a Bolt, there was a push by Sales to have us in
anything but a Bolt.  We didn't budge, they backed down.  A sale is a
sale even if the TPTB wanted us in an ICE.

On the day of the signing, my son noticed that the back fender was
scratched.  The dealership planted some stiff shrubs and it was easy
to back into one.  I suspect that's what happened.  They took it to a
local shop to have it repaired.  We took ownership of the car one
evening and when driving home, my son mentioned we didn't have any
tail lights!!  They came with a loaner the next day while we waited a
week to have everything reconnected and checked out.  Reminds me of
the Keystone Kops but in the automotive repair management sense.  The
fender repair was very good.  I kind of thought we might be offered
free oil changes...

They said they would show us where the charger was located on their
lot but they never did.  Lots of promises.  I understand why Bolt
sales may not be as high as some may want them to be.  I don't know if
they have come around or not.

My son drives the Bolt and loves it!!  His one way commute is 37 miles
and he plugs into the 120V while at home.  Toward the end of the week,
he might stop off at a 50 kw Level 3, grab a burger, eat, unplug, and
then head for home.  By Monday, he's fully charged even with weekend
errands.

Buying a Tesla was a whole different experience.  Slick.  We are
retired and wanted to travel.  The Bolt was not going to hack it.  We
test drove a Model 3 and put a downpayment on it that Sunday
afternoon.  On Monday we were notified that it had been "birthed" and
was on an automotive carrier headed our way.  By Tuesday, it was in
Albuquerque.  On Friday, we visited the Tesla Store and a sales guy
showed us that it was just pulling out of Charlotte; headed our way.
It was kind of spooky; like Big Brother looking over our shoulders
wherever we go.  It's the new connected world and I'm not sure if I
like it.

Then Covid hit.

Stay safe!!

Peter