> I bought a Leaf from a dealer in 2011. Of course, at that time, dealers were
> by passed in the sales
> process. The worst the dealer ever did to me is attempt to charge me for an
> oil change.

The Driver Information Display crapped out on my Volt so I took it in to be
replaced.

 While I was there the dealer tells me "Hmm, I see it's been 5500 miles since
your last oil change, you should get it changed soon"

I reponded that the "Oil Life" display said the I still had over 70% of the oil
life remaining.  He says, "Yeah but we still recommend changing the oil every
3,000 miles"

So I say "Considering you can easily go 3000-6000 miles or more without the
generator EVER turning on, how many customers with Volts actually fall for that
scam?"

He just shrugged and repeated "We reccomend changing the oil every 3,000 miles"

With the oil life monitoring system, I average around 25,000 miles between oil
changes and I change it when it gets below 5%.  From an article I read, even
when normal cars with out life displays, with synthetic oil, get to 0%, the oil
is still in good enough condition for another 3000-5000 miles.