On 11 Jul 2020 at 11:53, Willie via EV wrote:

> I urge you to monitor Tesla developments with an eye to fitting one into your
> budget.  Aside from the perceived high prices, all other EVs pale in
> comparison.

I agree that they're well designed cars.

I have some concerns about them that I've posted here before.  I don't want
autopilot, or cameras inside and out.  Built-in satnav with the ability to
guide me to a charging point sounds nice, but I'll give it up rather than
drive a "connected car."

Some folks have pointed out in the past that owners can turn off at least
some of the Tesla gadgetry.  That may be true, but if I'm not going to use
it, I don't want to pay for it!

Still, I'd consider a Tesla -- IF they'd build a car that suited my needs.
The problem is, I don't need a large or midsize car.  I don't want a sedan
or an SUV.  And right now, that's what Tesla makes.

What I'd look at is a subcompact (B-class size) hatchback Tesla. I can't
believe that I'm the only one.

To reach me, don't reply to this message; I won't get it.  Use my