On 21 Jul 2020 at 6:05, Peter VanDerWal via EV wrote:

> Only it's pretty much exactly the same size as a Chevy Bolt or a Hyundai Kona,
> or a Tesla Model 3 for that matter.  It costs the same or slightly more than
> those.

Actually at about 182" long (my gauge of how easy a car is to park) it's
quite a bit larger, and no doubt heavier, than either the Bolt or Kona.
It's a full foot and a half longer!

It's about 3" shorter than the Tesla 3.

As for price, at an estimated $40k it's in the same general range but it's a
somewhat wide range.

The Bolt starts at $36,620 (8.5% less) and the Kona is $37,190, and remember
these are much smaller cars.  Most buyers tend to perceive "larger" as
"worth more."

Despite what I've read many times here about a mid-30k Model 3, Edmunds list
the cheapest model at $44k, so it's 10% more expensive.  It's probably a
better value, as long as a mid-size sedan suits your needs.

I still say we don't need more big, clunky, heavy $40k EVs, we need more
agile little $25k ones.

To reach me, don't reply to this message; I won't get it.  Use my

     I have three rules to live by. One, get your work done. If that
     doesn't work, shut up and drink your gin. And when all else fails,
     run like hell.

                                        -- Ray Bradbury