Thanks!  I've managed to find https://plugoutpower.com/ and read through
their site.  I'll contact them if I have something they might find
interesting.

I just purchased a GM 2-mode hybrid pickup truck, and have been doing
pen-and-paper design exercises to see if adding an electric power takeoff
inverter is possible.

It looks doable.  Figuring out how to tap into the HVDC system under the
hood doesn't look that hard, and finding electrically-compatible parts
(such as an off-grid MPPT inverter which can take a 300VDC input) also
looks fairly doable.

But, plugging things together is the easy part.  There are a lot of
engineering constraints and safety/durability issues which would need to be
thought through carefully.  This is a pen-and-paper design exercise for me
for now.

-Luke