John Lussmyer via EV wrote:
I have a 5kw on order for testing.  Maximum VDC of 450 will, I think,
require some adjustment in the way I've been doing things.

Except that the 450VDC Max is only for the PV Input which has a MPPT controller.
I've read several places that a MPPT setup does not like being fed by batteries.

I think it depends on how they work. I have two MPPT trackers that still work if they're fed with batteries; and one that doesn't.

With a battery input, the big one that works maximizes its output, as if it's in full sun. Its input is current-limited to 8a; so that's what it draws, regardless of the battery voltage.

The little one is the same, except its input current tracks its input voltage. There is no input protection (except a fuse); so if the input voltage is too high, the input current gets too high and it blows a fuse.

The one that doesn't work is in a 24v microsine inverter. With a battery input, it ramps up to full power over a period of a few seconds; then shuts down for a few seconds; and repeats. It doesn't appear to be damaged; but it's also not particularly useful.

Lee Hart
--
A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is
        -- Antoine de Saint Exupery