True, south always better.  But the point is that then you need an inverter
with twice the capacity..
The topic being discussed is being able to share an inverter with
additional panels facing a different direction.

Key points:  1) when not facing due south, panels should be less tilted
since the sun rises in the NE and sets in the NW, having flatter panels
gets more sun time in the middle of the day.
2) Even if both panels are quite illuminated at the same time, the MPPT
inverter will not be overloaded.  It will always adjust to max power and no
more.  SO having some overlap is OK.
3) In my case, my SE panels begin to be shaded by 2 PM, so I installed
another set of panels facing SW that begin to be unshaded about the same
time,
4) You must parallel them with diode isolation.

Back to #1, remember that even FLAT panels will produce 80% annual totals
of the ideal south panels.  They are terrible in the winter but make up for
it with the double high-sun in the summer.  Though do not do it, they will
collect dust and cant wash off in the rain.  Im just makiong the point that
the only placew where you tilt to latitude is due south.  Other directions,
less tilt is better.

Bob