Lee sez:
-My current PC is an HP 6000 Pro ...

 (likely)
http://media.flixcar.com/delivery/minisite/show/8/en/432534

-The problem is ... a 100k b/sec DSL line ...
 (slow)

- running Puppy linux

 (latest ls debian lts distro using lxde window mgr)
http://oldforum.puppylinux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=113244

But puppy linux web browsers are not up to video streaming.
 Lee needs a linux version that has a modern web browser like
chrome or firefox.

I'll assume Lee still has his puppy cd and knows how to boot
off it. As Willie posted, Lee should boot off a better distro, like
 peppermint. Lee can buy one here:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Peppermint-10-LINUX-INSTALL-LIVE-DVDs-32bit-64bit/191612361381
 or
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2386202.m570.l1313&_nkw=Peppermint+Linux+OS+10+32bit+Live+Bootable+DVD&_sacat=0

then try it out. It may be slower because its running off the DVD
but you show see a big improvement because you are now
using a current linux version with an up to date (chrome or firefox)
 browser.

Later, if Lee decides to install peppermint on his pc, it is very
straight foreword. There is an automatic choice in the configurator
 that makes all the decides for you, and uses the same settings
from the booted dvd. a swap partition of 2Gb and the bootable
partition of 20Gb should be all you need.
https://www.google.com/search?q=how+much+linux+swap

Lee needs to abandon puppy and use a better disto, same as
he improved his pc hardware. I suggest Lee stick with 32bit
linux versions, even though his pc can likely work on a 64bit
version.

For EVLN EV-newswire posts view:
 http://www.evdl.org/archive/
https://mail-archive.com/ev@lists.evdl.org/maillist.html