I don't know exactly how the rules work, but you can set your retail price to whatever you want. I think you can't, at the till or checkout, add a surcharge for using a credit card, but you can certainly pass the cost along to the consumer.

Peri

<< Annoyed by leaf blowers ? https://quietcleanseattle.org/ >>

------ Original Message ------
From: "Bill Dube via EV" <ev@lists.evdl.org>
To: ev@lists.evdl.org
Cc: "Bill Dube" <billd...@killacycle.com>
Sent: 29-Mar-21 5:11:46 PM
Subject: Re: [EVDL] BYD Blade

Merchants are not allowed to add a surcharge for using a credit card. The
credit card folks won't allow it. They want you to spread the cost over all
your customers so it isn't so obvious to consumers how much the service
actually costs.

It is a gray area whether you can apply a cash, or "no credit card" discount.
(Basically a work around for not charging for the credit card use.)

Bill D.