The Lexus also uses a smart-key, which is relatively high draw.  Combine
this with a already worn and near end-of-life 12v battery, and it can
easily die in a week.   In fact, the infrequent use is really hard on the
12v and is deep-cycling it which causes sulfation which further reduces
it's capacity.  Combine that with temperature extremes and it's path to
hell is that much sooner.