A 12v battery is considered flat when its open circuit voltage is 11.8
volts.  Since yours were at ~5 volts, it's fairly likely that you've
reversed some cells.  That's most definitely not good.

Still, you might get lucky, and it can't hurt to give them a long, slow
equalizing charge.  Cycle them a few times, and then test their capacity.
While you're at it, also test the other two for capacity.

If you decide they have enough sock left to give you some use, but are
definitely less healthy than the others, I recommend building a Lee Hart
Batt-bridge, so you don't over-discharge and reverse them again.

http://evdl.org/pages/battbridge.html

If they turn out to be at death's door, this might be an ideal time to find
another chore for the 2 remaining good ones, and treat yourself and your Ox
to a complete new set.

Some here will probalby suggest that you consider lithium, but I'll leave
that discussion to them, as I'm not really qualified.

Good luck!  I hope it works out.

To reach me, don't reply to this message; I won't get it.  Use my

     Most people here [in the US] don't want an abrupt reshuffling
     of everything. That's why we've had only one revolution. It's
     why we've fought off the metric system all these years, and
     thank heaven we have.

                                      -- Fox anchor Tucker Carlson