I have reversed UB batteries in the past, in an EV with a *long*
series string of batteries (312V, so 26x UB121100) and if a cell has
been reversed, it loses capacity and thus will reverse earlier next
time. You will find such cells by checking for warmer compartments in
the 6-cell battery cases.
On the other hand, I have also bought new batteries that someone
discharged and then let sit at 0V for a year in their garage.
It took about 3 days of applying voltage before it started drawing any
appreciable current, after that it charged normally.
So, any *smart* battery charger will refuse to resurrect such a battery.
What I do is use a current limited lab supply, for example set for
100mA and 30V, connect to the battery and simply wait.
After a while (and this can be several days) the voltage drops to 12V
because the battery starts charging at more than 100mA.
After that you can use a regular charger, though I like to set the lab
supply for 14.2V at about 0.1C so for a 35Ah battery I can use a small
3 Amp supply.
I keep the battery connected until the current draw at 14.2V becomes
very small, less than 0.1 Amp. No problem to leave it attached to the
battery an extra day.
This revives the battery as much as possible, after that you can test
it in normal operation or with a tester to see its capacity and
determine if you want to continue using it.
Good luck!
Cor.