Thanks for all the advice.  I seem to have got off lucky.  My chargers
charged up these batteries without trouble.  Today I discharged my pack
for 5 hours at 20A.  Both undamaged batteries seemed worse than both
"damaged" batteries.  By the end of this test, the undamaged batteries
were down to 11.0V under load and the "damaged" batteries were still at
11.2V.  So it seems that nothing is wrong.

Kudos to Universal Power Group for a product at (at least in this case)
stood up to significant mistreatment.

                                        Ken