I think Tesla and BMW(?) incorporate range estimates into the navigation
system, which does exactly what you propose.

There are smartphone apps that can do similar.

As for the Bolt, I can't speak for more recent models, but my 2019 doesn't have
a Navigation system, I don't even think it was an option.  It can, however,
display the navigation screen from a connected (Android or Apple) smart phone.
It also has the ability to show you charging stations that are (probably)
within your current range and I believe that takes terrain into account.

FWIW the Bolt range estimator takes into account recent trips, battery loads,
and I believe current speed/efficiency.  So if your AC/Heater is on it will
show a range that can be upto %25 lower than if you turn it off.  Well, 25% in
my experience, I'm sure if you're somewhere really hot/cold, then climate
control can have a bigger impact on range.

My PGP public key: https://vanderwal.us/evdl_pgp.key