On 8 Feb 2022 at 20:00, paul dove via EV wrote:

> Autosteer ... reminds you to place your hands on the wheel.

If you look online, you'll find that Tesla owners don't appreciate those
warnings and look for ways to defeat them.

One example:

https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/threads/glitch-allows-nag-to-be-turned-
off.210589/

Elon Musk promised Tesla owners "full self driving" - that their cars would
drive themselves.  Some of those owers, to their credit, understand that
that's just Musk boasting, that it's not really happening, and may never
happen.  That's probably true of most Tesla owners on this list.

But what about the other owners who aren't as understanding?  Will they
settle for "full self driving" that isn't?

And how long will NHTSA sit by and allow this to continue?

I have no idea where Tesla goes from here, but I'm sure glad that I'm not
one of their attorneys.

To reach me, don't reply to this message; I won't get it.  Use my

     Believe it or not, there are physical structures called stores
     designed for in-person shopping. Most have signs outside, adver-
     tising what they sell. Grocery stores sell food; clothing stores
     sell clothing. Home Depot sells homes and depots, Trader Joe's
     sells sloppy joes, and Target sells everything but what you wanted.

                                                        -- Janet Periat