For the charger funding issue:
In Europe, Tesla has opened a few charging locations to non-Tesla vehicles. If that trend continues and comes to the USA, it could be that Tesla might then be eligible for federal infrastructure funding.

Part of the issue is competing standards. It's easier to open up Tesla fast chargers to other EVs in countries where Tesla already uses the local standard. A bit more problematic in the USA where the Tesla connector is proprietary. Tesla's solution seems more elegant than CCS but that's unfortunately irrelevant in this context since it's not accessible to all EVs.

If Tesla adds CCS connectors or dedicated chargers to their USA locations, it could be that they may become eligible for federal funding for those chargers.

Going the other way, there have been adapters allowing USA/Korean Tesla owners access to other charging networks. But from what I gather the Chademo one is expensive, somewhat slow, and hard to get, and the CCS (model 3 & Y only) adapter might not be available in the USA yet. Correct me if I'm wrong about that. If Tesla can supply a working CCS adapter in the USA, that would open up other charging networks to at least some Tesla owners.

For the EV tax issue:
Alabama's tax seems high. How would that compare to a non-EV's yearly average gas tax there? In Colorado the EV surcharge fee is $50/year. Depending on how much you drive, that may also be too high.

I don't think states and feds have figured out the most balanced way to tax vehicles overall so that it's fair to all vehicle owners, funds driving infrastructure sufficiently, and discourages emissions.

Cheers,
 -Jamie