On 12 Feb 2022 at 13:37, paul dove via EV wrote:

> They should reimburse Tesla for their charging network if they're
> gonna put chargers in for all the other companies

I don't see why.  Tesla chose to bundle the cost of their exclusive,
private, proprietary charging into the $100k price of their early models.

I don't think that they should have been allowed to build Tesla-only EV
charging, any more than Ford and GM should have been allowed to build
filling stations for their own cars over a century ago.  Regardless, it was
Musk's own free choice.

Besides, I'd argue that Tesla's Superchargers WERE indirectly subsidized,
through the EV purchase tax credits.

That said, I think that governments SHOULD have directly subsidized Tesla's
charging network, AND required that it be open to ALL EVs with no advantage
or preference for Teslas.  In fact I'd be fine with them doing that for
future Tesla stations.

> by the way I paid $200 a year tax on my electric vehicle in Alabama

They're punishing you for doing social good.  Typical tantrum for a
regressive, anti-EV, anti-environment government.  They should instead be
giving you a $200 yearly EV tax *credit* as a reward.

Optimum solution: move.  That way Alabama won't get ANY of your taxes.

To reach me, don't reply to this message; I won't get it.  Use my

     "My country, right or wrong" is a thing that no patriot would
     think of saying except in a desperate case. It's like saying
     "My mother, drunk or sober."

                                                 -- G K Chesterton